Sunday, March 1, 2009

MY TRAVELS TO PARIS

We left Canada and landed at Orly international airport in June of 1970, I had just turned ten. My father had recently started work as a store planner for an international company in Paris. The long flight from Canada was an exciting one for a ten year old, eager to explore new worlds. Arriving at our new apartment in Le Pecq, 19 miles from Paris, I couldn't beleive the beauty of the place! A huge modern four-story apartment complex made out of black marble, with an olympic 50 meter pool in the back, the whole place overlooking the Seine, with an ancient bridge nearby, crossing the Seine with an architecture that reminded me of the roman empire, or at least of the 1300's.My school would be Lycee International, in the town of St Germain en Laye.

No comments:

Post a Comment